Archive for August, 2009

New Relay Panel

Sunday, August 16th, 2009

Well, as I mentioned in the last post, I am completely rewiring everything.  About the only thing remaining in the same place are the battery racks and the wires going from engine to mid compartment.   I’m still cleaning up the wiring in the rear trunk…and as you’ll see from the picture I’ve got the controller out (for reprogramming).

New relay panel in rear trunk

New relay panel in rear trunk

I’ve also moved the potbox to a location closer to the relay panel (and out of the most nasty of the weather).

Potbox moved to a new location

Potbox moved to a new location

Also note the new battery (red), charger (green) and DC-DC converter (black)…so I’ve been keeping busy.  :)

Major rewiring

Tuesday, August 4th, 2009

Well, nuts.  The new charger won’t fit into the front trunk, so it will be installed in the rear comparment, along with the new DC-DC converter.  I’m also putting the aux battery in the rear compartment.

Net result:  no need for relays in the front compartment or engine compartment.  I’m creating a new relay panel that will go in the rear trunk, and will move the DC shunt to the mid compartment (nearest the amp meter).   Lots of rewiring, and re-organizing, and most likely a new set of connectors in the engine compartment.

I’ll post pictures once the relay panel is installed.