In order to keep things moving at the usual snail’s pace, I picked up a flu on my last business trip. This kept me from visiting relatives in Santa Clara, and from doing anything on the car. However, once the flu left, I decided to install the remaining racks (rear and middle). As always, a few small problems were discovered: no supports for the rear battery rack, and the middle rack angle brackets are too short. I guess I gotta do some metal work now.
The rear rack is not mounted yet, just sitting in the compartment – the fit was too tight to remove it (oops). The space below that hose is where the support mount is supposed to go. Also, I got tired of the relays being attached to the metal, and after reading some posts about possible arcing across that fuse, I put this ABS plastic board inbetween. Makes for easier mounting, too.
This is just frustrating, but nothing serious. I can cut new angle bars, paint them with POR-15, and then install. I still have to pound out the body so the plastic battery box can fit into that small space, though (later).
[UPDATE] Electro Auto shipped the rear posts today, and will be shipping the wiring diagram later on. Looks like EA is back in business (yay!)